Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm back!

Oh my heavens, I feel like I dropped off the side of the world (blog-wise anyway). I have been really busy this week with work and after being on the computer all day, I haven't wanted to at night.
.
Other than being tired, I've had a good week, though. Weight wise, I'm finally back in my range! Yeah, it took almost a month to get myself straight after the holidays, but I am there, now. And I am staying there.
.
Son is home sick again today. I swear, he could get a virus in his left pinkie toe and it would make him puke! I can't send him to school puking, so he stays home.
.
Daughter is looking forward to her birthday. Her birthday dress, leggings, and hat were delivered today (she picked them out from the Hanna Andersson catalog). I think she'll look cute. Plus, as a bonus, I think the leggings will match her other Hanna dress so she can still wear it even though it's starting to get too short for her.
.
Hubby might be home early today--he had to work a while last night and then had to go in an hour early this morning, so he might get off early. If he does, we'll go grocery shopping before music lessons (son is seeming to be fine now so I'm not sure if I'm going to cancel his violin lesson or not).
.
I made some of Ani Phyo's Almond yogurt and froze it in little Dixie cups with Popsicle handles and now I have almond freezer pops. Yummy! Son didn't like them, he said they were "too almondy" (duh, what did you expect?).
.
An Asian food market moved from the dingy little building they were in to a new building so hubby and I went in while kiddos were at piano lessons on Monday. I bought some miso paste and some yellow curry paste and some noodles. Tuesday we had home-made miso soup--so good. I wasn't aware that a lot of the curry pastes have "shrimp paste" in them--the yellow curry paste was the only vegan one they had. Also, some of their miso pastes had monato (fish) in them. I had to look for a vegan one of those, too. Now I wonder if I am getting fish when I get miso soup at Japanese restaurants.
.
I was going to make curry last night, but we had a couple of errands to do before hubby went back to work so we grabbed a burrito on the run--rice and bean burrito with added lettuce and green salsa.
.
Well, how's that for a whole week in a hurry. I'll try to get on more regularly, I think I'm about done with the end of year work rush. (I hope, I hope, I hope.)
.
I don't know what's going on this weekend yet, I hope it includes a lot of sleep.
Ciao for now.

No comments: