Thursday, January 22, 2009

A better day

Hey CCV! Little Girl says thanks for the compliment on her eyes. (Now you've given her a big head--I'll probably never hear the end of it. Oh well.)
.
So yesterday went better:
.
Coffee and Almond Butter/jelly sandwich for breakfast
tofu scramble and salad for lunch
oatmeal for a snack (I was starving by 2:30)
Tofurkey sausage, broccoli, and salad for dinner
still hungry after dinner so had a banana
Salad, 3 graham crackers and 1/2 cup of soy milk for snack.
.
I am also feeling happier again. I really think it's my cycle--Monday's snack attack, Tuesday's really bad mood, Wednesday's sort of bad mood, today feeling back to myself. Yeah, I think I'm cycling.
.
This morning, daughter and I had a good old game of "Yankee Doodle". In case you don't know how to play, the first person sings "Yankee Doodle went to town, riding on a (fill in the blank--the stranger, the better)". And the next person has to complete the song. Our last round was "Yankee Doodle went to town; riding on a tree stump; It didn't go very fast or far, so Yankee had to ju-ump." I'm really good at that game.
.
Yeah, I'm a weird mom. But we have fun.
.
I think we're going to have rice and beans for dinner tonight. We have leftover steamed broccoli from last night so If I make some rice and beans, we'll have a good old meal.
.
Well I've got to get to work. By the way, we are under an inversion and have been for the last week or more. Our skies are grey and our temps are cold. It's supposed to rain today--I'm hoping it does so we'll get this washed out. I always feel better when the weather at least "looks" pretty outside.
Ciao for now.

No comments: