Monday, February 2, 2009

Restaurant Reviews--The good and the bad

The Bad
Friday night we went to one of my favorite Thai places. A Taste of Thai in Twin Falls, Idaho. I am giving you the name and location so you can boycott them. The food was excellent and the service was really good, so why boycott them? because the owner is a an Ass.
.
As we were sitting there eating dinner, he notices some friends of his at the booth right behind me and goes over to visit. He is talking quite loudly and he starts in on customers who ask for chopsticks. (I ask for chopsticks at any restaurant that has them because I enjoy using them.) He goes on about "And these people ask for chopstick and I'm like 'give me a break--what do you think we are? Chinese? I've never been to China' I don't mind when they ask for them with noodles because we kind of stole noodles from China anyway, but when they ask for chopsticks with a curry or stir-fry! I mean really!"
.
He was being very loud and continued to go on and on. The waitress came over and asked how everything was and I told her that it was kind of hard to eat with him over there wragging on customers that use chopsticks. He heard me and started in that he was just visiting with his friends and that he wasn't talking about me, he was talking about someone else. I pointed out that I am a customer who asked for chopsticks and he said he didn't know I had asked for them and he was just visiting with his friends.
.
Anyway, I felt bad for the waitress who was stuck in the middle of that. The end of it was that we didn't have to pay for dinner and the owner (who by the way was drunk and belligerent the whole time) said he didn't care if we never came back.
.
Guess what? We won't ever go back there. So we only ended up getting half a dinner, but we got it for the price of the tip.
.
The Good
On Saturday, we took a drive. (I'll tell you about that in my next post.) We went to a raw vegan place in Ketchum, Idaho called Glow Live Foods Cafe. It was really good but pricey (everything in Ketchum is, though.) I had a quinoa, veggie, and Indian seasonings bowl (I don't think the quinoa was raw, though) Hubby and kids had the pizza (nut cheese, tomatoes, and klamata olives on sprouted bread). The bread wasn't raw either. The kids also shared a banana and chocolate hemp milk smoothie. We got desserts too--Macaroons (excellent), date ball (mine are better), banana bark (excellent), raspberry buckwheat crispy bar (better at home with soy milk over it--then excellent).
.
My only thing on this place was that they should have made a point of noting what items were not raw since they hold themselves out to be a raw foods cafe (the hemp milk was noted in the menu, the bread I asked about because I was expecting a dehydrator bread, and the quinoa was obviously cooked.)
.
Well that's it for restaurant reviews.
Ciao for now.

No comments: