Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Totally out of Greens!

So I am totally out of greens for my green smoothie breakfast! In the fridge I have a few carrots, some broccoli, two zukes, and some celery. Oh and some wheat grass--I'll tell you about that in a few.

So I did a smoothie with the wheat grass, 2 little carrots, some almonds, and some frozen strawberries. It was good!
.
I made some nut cheese on Monday and have some tomato sauce left over from dinner, so for lunch I'm going to spiralize a zuke and top it with tomato sauce and a dollop of nut cheese.
.
Snacks will be fruits and veg, like usual. And dinner is going to be broccoli and I don't know what (hubby is doing deer steak, mashed, and gravy for him and the kids--yuck).
.
So I took another pic of my new tattoo this morning--I did it in the light from the kitchen window so it's a better pic than yesterday's. I love it!

My forearm feels like it has a bruised road-rash and it's a little swollen. I'm not complaining, though. (I don't think you get to complain when the 'owie' is self imposed, do you?) I'm just anxious for it to heal.
.
On to wheat grass--I have been sprouting wheat for my dehydrator breads and was talking to son about it and we ate some wheat sprouts, etc. he wanted to try wheat grass. So he took some of my sprouted grains and planted them in shallow dishes and grew his own wheat grass. It is a lot sweeter than I thought it would be. (Hubby shrugged and said "it tastes like grass". And I thought, "and how is it that you know what grass tastes like?".) So son ate some last night and again this morning and I put the rest in my smoothie. (He spaced the grains so far apart that 3 dishes only yielded a small handful of grass.)
.
Soccer is almost over. Daughter has one more game on Thursday and son has one more game on Friday. Then it can get nice here. (I think somebody upstairs has the soccer schedule and makes sure it is always windy and/or rainy and cold for each game.)
.
Well, I'm back to work now.
Ciao for now.

No comments: