Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's day weekend re-cap

Son was in a track meet on Saturday. It was his first time running against other people--one of those kind where we signed him up at the Parks & Rec department and then he showed up and ran when they called his events. He came in next to last on both races, but I thought he did great anyway. It's hard to know what to expect when you've never done it before.
.
The farmer's market opened Saturday so we went there as well. We didn't get much--just some jam, but we go pretty much every Saturday when they're open.
.
We also went out to dinner on Saturday night. I decided that I would rather have a nice Mother's Day dinner on Saturday night than go to the brunch buffet that we usually do on Sunday morning (not much there I care to eat since changing the way I eat). So we went to Prasai--excellent Thai food.
Sunday morning, I nipped the tops off my mint plants and had mint tea--that's it above. Very nice.
.
Daughter made me a card, a magnet, and a key chain. Son made me the Lego creation, below. Look hard--it says "I [heart] MOM" vertically. I thought it was very creative!
Then, in the evening, we went over to my folks for strawberry shortcake. I brought Soyatoo whipped topping. I just had strawberries with the whipped topping on them. I couldn't find the packaging on the cakes (Mom got them at Costco) but I'm pretty sure they would have had eggs in them at least.
.
Well, that was my Mother's Day. I hope every mother had a great day.
Ciao for now.

No comments: