Thursday, May 7, 2009

Not much happening, today

It seems like I've been quite busy today, but there really hasn't been much going on. It's been one of those days when you spend all day picking up all the little bits and pieces that got let go or ignored or piled up. So even though I've been going steady, it really doesn't seem like it.
.
I guess that's better than going crazy and not getting anywhere.
.
Tattoo feels better today. It's still a bit swollen, but not as sore as yesterday. (It is still quite sore, though. Don't get me wrong.) I hate pain, but I guess it's worth it.
.
So today's food so far has been:
Banana, mystery green, and almond smoothie
spiralized zucchini, red bell pepper, tomato and nut cheese salad
1 piece dehydrator bread w/ peanut butter (not raw, I know, but I wanted it)
.
I'll probably have an apple and carrot for a snack when I go get the kids and then a salad bar for dinner.
.
Tonight is daughter's last soccer game. After the game, their coach is taking them out for pizza. Hubby, son and I are going too; we'll let daughter be with her friends and we'll sit at another table and eat. I'm guessing I'll just have the salad bar.
.
And did you ask what a "mystery green" was? While son was at scouts last night, we went to the store. The spinach looked awful, the kale looked awful, I didn't want cabbage. But there, in a box were bundles of these really big nice leaves. I don't know what they were (collard greens or mustard greens, maybe) but they looked good so I got some. They were really good in the smoothie this morning. They added kind of a fresh, earthy flavor. Hopefully they'll have them again with a sign on them so I know what I'm getting next time.
.
Well the pup is trying to entice me to play with her squeaky toy with her and I've got to get a couple more things done before I go get kiddos from school.
Ciao for now.

No comments: