Friday, November 21, 2008

Cell Phone trade-up time and general rambling

Don't you hate it when your cell phone company suddenly decides they aren't going to provide service anymore? But of course, they will help you get switched over to the company that is taking their accounts. Argh!

It might not be bad if they just switched you over and the cost and the service and everything stayed the same, but, of course, that's not how it works. So today, I stood at the kiosk at the mall trying to get switched over. Of course we had to get new phones and the new plans were different, and they had to fill out a bunch of stuff on the computer, and on and on and on. I started at the kiosk a couple of weeks ago and they didn't really know what they were doing. So last week, I went in to a regular Verizon store and got it figured out what we needed--but, we needed to do it all through our current company to avoid the activation fees, and the deposit, and get the new phone discount, etc. And today, I went back to the kiosk and got it taken care of (I hope).

The new phones are supposed to come via Fed-Ex next week. I upgraded my plan and my phone so I'll have to learn how to use everything, but I'm hoping it'll be good.

I also had to go shopping for my son's B-day present from my folks. Mom called and asked if I'd go shopping for her. So I did since I was going to be at the mall anyway--of course it took several calls to her while I was shopping, but we finally got it all figured out.

When I went out, I actually went out for lunch and then to get file folders that I needed for work--I never got the file folders. Oh well, there is always Monday.

Hubby and son are on a scout camp-out tonight. Daughter loves my homemade french fries so I have both sweet potato and Yukon gold potato fries in the oven right now. I haven't a clue what we are going to have with it.

For my fries I just peel the potatoes I want and cut (I cut them into rounds instead the traditional shape). Then I place them on a cookie sheet spritzed with olive oil and spritz a bit more over the fries. I bake at 350 for a while, flip them and bake until they are fork tender. I don't have how long it takes because I usually just follow my nose--when I first start to smell them I flip and when the smell really good, I take them out.

I also made some dehydrator bread from a recipe I got off of It's good, but it came out more like a granola than a bread. I think the reason is that my food processor didn't chop the sprouted wheat very good. I doubt I'll make that one again.

Well, I think it's time to get the fries out of the oven. They smell really good.
Ciao for now.

No comments: