Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary to me!

Yes I got married on Tax Day. It wasn't planned that was just the day we did it (Elko County courthouse basement). But it is weird that I got married on April 15th and went on to become a CPA. (I don't work in public practice anymore and I don't do taxes--except my own--but I am still a CPA.)
.
So anyway, today is our 24th anniversary. Hubby came home and took me out for lunch (with some money we had stashed away just for today) and tonight we are going to go out to dinner as a family. We usually don't go out twice in one day, but this way we get a family celebration as well as a personal one. We didn't do gifts this year--nothing we really need bad enough to justify spending money we don't really have--we're just spending time together.

Above is what we woke up to. This picture was taken out my front door just before I took the kids to school. On the seat of the swing it was 3 inches. It snowed a whole lot more after that but never got any deeper because it was just warm enough that it was kind of melting as it fell. Since I've been married, I don't remember ever having snow on April 15th.

.

I sprouted some wheat and now have dehydrator bread drying. In addition to the sprouted wheat, I added some almonds, some flax seeds, a little salt, and a little cane syrup. Then I just processed it in my food processor (added a little water to make it more doughy) until it was like dough. Then I made flat rounds on the silpat sheets (dipped my fingers in water so the dough wouldn't stick). I'll dry them for a few hours and then flip them off the silpat and continue drying until they are done.

.

Last time I made this bread it was pretty good. The dough tasted even better this time so I'm betting the bread will be even better, too.

.

Ciao for now.

No comments: