Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Butternut Squash Soup

Today's Food
Breakfast-Peanut butter oatmeal and coffee
Lunch-Butternut squash soup and Almond butter/jelly on Ezekiel bread
Snack-chocolate-soy ice cream and graham crackers (bad me--but it was good)
Another Snack-wasabi peas
Dinner-Miso good gravy over Ezekiel bread and steamed cauliflower
.
Easy Butternut Squash Soup
1/4 onion
3 cloves garlic
1 stalk celery
1 1/2 cup cubed butternut squash
2 cups veggie broth
chili powder to taste
paprika to taste
.
put all of the above in a glass casserole dish and microwave until the veggies are soft (took 2 rounds of 4 minutes each for me). Pour into the Vita-Mix and blend. Turn down to low and add 1 tsp lime juice and a little cilantro-keep blending on low until the cilantro is lightly chopped.
.
Pour in bowls and enjoy--Makes 2 big bowls of soup.
.
Son and I had this for lunch. He liked it this way better than when I make it on the stove--on the stove, though, I don't blend it. I think he liked the blended texture.
.
Well, that's all for now. I'm going to watch Biggest Loser and will probably have a smoothie for a bedtime snack.
Ciao for now.

No comments: