Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A quick wrap-up

We woke up to snow again today. I am so ready for spring. It is still snowing, but it is a heavy, wet snow. Plus it's 34 degrees out so there is no more accumulation. The level on the ground is staying steady where it's at. OK, I think I will work backwards from today. It's easier for my brain. Yesterday, the kids had a dentist appointment plus they were off school so we visited with friends before their appointment. It was a good day. We don't get to see them often and I miss having coffee and visiting while the kids play--we started that when our boys were babies and they lived a lot closer. The real bummer is that son woke up sick today with a bad cold. I really hope he didn't infect them. I will feel so bad if he did.
.
Sunday, we didn't really do anything other than grocery shopping. Boring.
.
Saturday--Valentine's day and daughter's birthday party.
.
I didn't have time to go shopping for a valentine for the kids so I made them "gift certificates" on the computer--good for a book, a CD, or a toy--both kids got a Lego set from Target. Then hubby took daughter to a girl scouts thing at Lowe's while son and I cleaned the house and I made and decorated the cake. The cake and stuff is below.

Then we had a quick lunch and it was party time. I am an extreme introvert. I hate having too many people in the personal sanctuary of my home and still I let daughter invite lots of girls. WHAT WAS I THINKING? We had 8 girls in addition to her and all I can say is "ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!" I was so glad when they all went home. (It probably wasn't as bad as I feel like it was, it's just that I don't deal well with things like that.)
.
We did a game, presents, cake & ice cream, a pinata (did it inside because we had an impromptu blizzard), and I put in a girl movie. They still destroyed daughter's room (not that it was far from destruction in the first place, mind you).
.
One girl's mom called asking if we had found her i-pod. What was a 9-year old girl doing bringing an i-pod to a birthday party in the first place? I certainly wasn't going to babysit it--I didn't even know she had it. Another girl didn't want to stay with the others and I was constantly having to herd her out of where she didn't belong. Another girl decided she would stay longer and called her mom to tell her that she would call when the movie was over--she was the last to leave and only then because I told her to call her mom. And all of the little girls were loud and rowdy--I guess that's just how little girls are when they get together.
.
Son was an angel; he helped me clean the house and get ready and he put up with all the little girls. He told me that he decided he did like the movie he got sis for her birthday after all because it was the only thing that finally settled the girls down. He also ended up being in charge of the pup.
.
Then we went out to Prasai--an excellent Thai restaurant--for our valentine dinner.
Friday--the daddy/daughter dance. Above is the picture they had taken there. I think they had fun.
.
Well, I need to go.
Ciao for now.

No comments: