Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl party and revisiting "restaurant reviews"

OK. First things first. I went back and read my restaurant review post and something stood out to me. So let me clear something up. This is regarding "A Taste of Thai". The restaurant owner is totally allowed to have his own point of view about his customers. I just think it is extremely poor business practice to make fun of some customers when other customers are withing hearing distance. Even if I hadn't been included in the group he was talking about, I still would have been offended thinking "gee, if he talks bad about other customers, what is he saying about me when I'm gone." So I'm not saying he's not entitled to his opinion, I'm just saying that he was exercising extremely poor judgement. Whew, that's out of the way.
.

Now on to the Superbowl Party! I don't really care for football and fortunately, hubby doesn't watch too much of it either, but we do usually watch this one game of the year. (Actually, I do more reading and paying attention to the commercials that I do watching football.) I made the cake pictured above, nut cheese, and guacamole (all vegan, of course).
.
Then we had a light dinner (bocca burger and broccoli--kids and hubby had chicken nuggets and broccoli) at the start of the game. Around half-time we had cake. And in the last half, we had popchips and nut cheese and guacamole.
.
The game was actually good. I watched more of it than I usually do.
.
And then, just before bed, I have to admit it, we had cake and ice cream (rice dream for me). Oh well.
.
So today is going pretty good. I'm having a hard time getting my mind around a spreadsheet I need to get done. I might get it about half done today, but it's going slow.
.
For food, I had coffee and banana oatmeal for breakfast and spinach salad and home-made whole wheat/oat flour bread w/ margarine. I was going to have a sandwich and then I realized about 11:00 that I had no bread so I made the whole wheat quick bread (I posted a recipe here a while back) and used 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 oat flour. It came out really good. I didn't even bother with the sandwich fixings it was so good.
.
I'm going to make a curry tonight. I'll finally try that curry paste I got at the Asian food market last week.
.
Well I'm off again.
Ciao for now.

No comments: