Monday, February 2, 2009

A Saturday Drive

So anyway, Saturday, we got things done around the house in the morning and decided to take a drive. It was overcast at home and I was craving sunlight so we headed north. We didn't even leave the house until about noon and then we got back home around 8:00.
.
We went to Ketchum and ate at the cafe I mentioned in my last post--yum! Then headed back to Timmerman hill and over to Fairfield. We got into the wind by Fairfield and had snow drifting over the roads. It was overcast there, but the rest of the day, we were in sun. Then we went on over to Mountain home and headed back towards home on the freeway. We turned off the freeway by Glens Ferry and went around by King Hill. Just past King Hill we saw hundreds of deer and probably half that many antelope (winter range).
.
See the picture above about the petrified watermelons? That's right there by where we saw the deer. In the fields there are these watermelon sized boulders--all nice and rounded. They were dropped by the Bonneville flood (eons ago) and somewhere around the time when my hubby was a kid, the Stinker Station put that sign there and it's still there. Kind of funny, huh?
.
So anyway, from there we went through Bliss, down to Hagerman, back up to Wendell, and back on the freeway to home.
.
It was a lot of driving, but it was so nice to be in the sunshine. Sometimes, this time of year, especially, I crave it. I feel like if I don't get some, I'll just have to scream.
.
So anyway,
Ciao for now.

No comments: