Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th


Hi all,
It's Friday the 13th. The kids are out of school today so after they had both gotten ready and both practiced both of their instruments and we had lunch, we took the puppy to Petsmart. She got spoiled rotten--A new squeaky, a new chewy rope, and a new T-shirt. The brown with pink trim looks really good on her--see?
.
It's actually more of a muscle shirt and on the back it says "being cute is a full time job". So true....... She loves her new toys. Her old squeaky broke and quit squeaking and her old rope was falling apart. right now she is in puppy heaven.
.
The kids are playing the Wii (as usual) and I'm blogging for a few before I get back to work.
.
Tonight, hubby and daughter are going to a father-daughter ball. Daughter is so excited. She'll be wearing her birthday dress (if I go get it out of the dryer, that is) and she picked out a black shirt for her daddy. I really think it's sweet. I remember when I was a kid and our church had a daddy-daughter dance. I got to go with my piano teacher's husband because my dad was working (yeah, just a bit of bitterness there). I am so glad hubby does stuff like this with the kids. I'll take a picture of them and post it.
.
I'm not sure what son and I will do tonight. Probably not much of anything.
.
Today's food:
coffee and pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast
PB & J on Ezekiel bread and some steamed butternut and sweet potato for lunch
1 (yes, only one) of my daughter's chocolates
.
I'm going to make a green smoothie after while (apple, almond, and spinach) and see if I can't get the kids to try it and then I'm not sure about dinner and snack yet. Hubby and daughter are going out before the dance so son and I might either just fend for ourselves or go to Pita Pit. He and I like it, but hubby and daughter don't so we never go there.
.
By the way, I like the comments. Thanks.
Ciao for now.

No comments: