Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Zucchini Noodle Salad and life in general



Last night for dinner, I made the above salad. It was kind of a last minute thing that came out really good. I made it up as I went along--here is the recipe:

.

Zucchini Noodle Salad

.1 1/3 zucchini

1/3 Diakon radish

1 red bell pepper

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup white vinegar

2 heaping tablespoons Tahini

1/2 tsp ginger

2 tablespoons soy sauce

black pepper to taste

.

Run the zucchini and radish through a spiral slicer and dice the red pepper into small even dices. Toss the veggies together.

.

Put the remaining ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together for the dressing.

.

Pour dressing over the veggies and toss again.

.

That salad was so good. I ate the leftovers a few minutes ago and I think it was even better this morning--it was like the veggies got softer.

.

Well, that's my grand dinner experiment. Then came this morning.........

.

Son was supposed to get his braces on this morning but he woke up an hour early (I thought it was nerves). He puked (again I thought it was nerves). I talked to him and he felt it was just nerves and he would be fine. Then, as we were getting ready to head out the door, he puked again. So I cancelled the appointment. And now he is pale as a sheet and lying on the chair asleep. I guess it wasn't nerves after all.

.

Yesterday, the puppy went crazy and wouldn't settle down at all. she usually takes several naps during the day, but yesterday, after her short morning nap, she suddenly went nuts wanting to run and play. She didn't settle down until 9:00 last night. I called the vet this morning and found out that the pain med they were having me give her does that to some dogs. They cut her dose in half--so far, she seems a bit more normal today--we'll see if she goes nuts after her nap.

.

I wish humans snapped back as fast after surgery as she does. But then again, I fear that she's going to pop her sutures open and then have even more troubles. One of our older dogs, Ki-Ki, did that. Fortunately she was healed enough that it just gave her a really wide scar.

.

Hubby is going to have a weird schedule from now until sometime in January. This week he has Friday off, and then, starting Saturday, his schedule is going to be Saturday and Sunday-days and Monday through Wednesday-6:30 pm to 3:00 am. They are doing an office remodel so are going to work after the office closes 3 days and the weekends. What a pain! Oh well.

.

Well anyway, I had better get to work.

Ciao for now.

No comments: