Monday, December 22, 2008

Hubby's Back Working Weekdays!

My hubby is back working weekdays again! I am so excited! He came home from work Saturday and said he would be off on Sunday and then back to regular weekdays starting Monday. It is so much nicer having him here on the weekends and gone on the weekdays. Honest, I'm not trying to be picky, but it's hard to work and get anything else done around here during the week if he's home; and I hate going to bed by myself only to wake up in the middle of the night when he gets in. And as far as weekends go, I'm just used to having him around. I was so tired last week--getting up in the middle of the night is hard for me.
.
So he's back on his regular schedule because they got ahead of schedule on the job they're on so 2 of them got taken off that and put back to their regular work. Fortunately, he was one of the two.
.
Now I just have to put up with the kids being home for the next two weeks. It won't be too bad--I'm just a creature of habit and I'm not used to having the kids home. Earlier, I had to put on earphones to drown out the sound of the TV so I could get some work done.
. Above is a picture of our dinner last night--it's over brown rice, but you can't see the rice with as many veggies as I put over mine.
.
Here's the recipe (sort of):
Butternut, Pea and Potato Curry
.
1/2 onion-diced
2 stalks celery-diced
2 carrots-diced
2 TBSP coconut oil
1/2 butternut squash-cubed
1/2 large sweet potato-cubed
3 small potatoes-cubed
1 TBSP curry powder
1/2 tsp each-ginger, turmeric, paprika
1 tsp chili powder
2 cups yellow pear tomatoes (mine were out from the freezer from my garden)
1 can coconut milk
1 can peas-drained
.
Saute the onion, celery, and carrot in the coconut oil until the onions get translucent. Add the potato, sweet potato, and squash. Sprinkle all of the spices on and saute for about 10 minutes.
.
Blend the tomatoes and the coconut milk in the Vita-Mix and pour over the veggies (add more water if needed to make a nice sauce). Simmer covered until veggies are as done as you want them. Stir in the peas.
.
Serve over brown rice.
.
It was supposed to be a curry, but the flavor and consistency, etc. reminded me of another dish I had at an Indian restaurant--I don't remember the name of it, but it was really good.
.
The puppy is doing really good. I told the kids that since they are home for a couple of weeks, they need to let the big dogs in and watch the puppy. Hopefully, by the time they go back to school, the puppy won't be so crazy every time she sees them so I can have them in here (being good) while I work.
.
It started out rough, but now everyone is being good.
.
Well, I guess I'd better get back to doing something productive. It's too much fun blogging, though.
Ciao for now.

1 comment:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog, because it led me to yours!

I'm definitely adding you to my blogroll next time I update.

Hapy Holidays!!!