Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Morning

Good morning. I'm sitting here at my computer waiting for one of the gals at work to get in. I'm certainly not lonely this morning--Daughter is home sick today and hubby is home again today.
.
Daughter has had a runny nose for a couple of days and now she's really feeling rough. It's just a cold. I'm listening to Disney's "Lion King" on the TV. She and her daddy are watching it.
.
I'm also really cold this morning. The thermostat doesn't say it's any different than usual, but I get cold easily and once cold, I don't warm up easily.
.
Depending on my boss and the office manager, I'm either going to be really busy today or have nothing at all to do. (I'm waiting on each of them before I can get into certain projects.) I was kind of hoping for slow and then I was going to take off and go to the mall and get a haircut and a pair of shoes. (I have a jumper I was going to wear to hubby's work Christmas party tomorrow night, but I don't have any shoes to go with it. I just need a pair of super cheap black flats.) With daughter home, I doubt I'll make it shopping even if I am slow at work.
.
Dinner last night was steamed cauliflower, sweet potato mash (left-overs from thanksgiving that I took out of the freezer), and a small bean burrito (leftovers from last night). Hubby and the kids had ham in lieu of burrito--hubby bought a ham with his gift card from his employer.
.
Then we went driving around to look at Christmas lights. They were so pretty.
.
Then we came home and had a strawberry/banana smoothie for a snack and went to bed. It was a nice evening.
.
Well, I should be getting a call any minute now--she was going to be in at 9.
Ciao for now.

No comments: