Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stupid 40 year old woman tricks-take 2

I couldn't believe it! Last night, I got out of the car, grabbed a bag of groceries from the trunk, turned, and was on my butt! I know how slippery our driveway is and I thought I was being careful; apparently, I wasn't careful enough. I didn't break anything (grocery or body) so I guess that's good. I just added to my bruises. Above is a pic from Christmas morning. We had a small tree this year so we wouldn't have to worry so much about the puppy getting in it.
.
Yesterday, I said I'd try to think of something exciting for dinner--didn't happen. Hubby said he liked my stir-fried teriyaki veggies so that's what I made. The veggies were celery, onion, carrots, garlic, bell pepper, and butternut squash. I sauteed them in coconut oil for a while then added a Hawaiian teriyaki sauce and continued to cook until they were done. We had them served over polenta. (Yeah, I know, teriyaki is Asian and polenta is Greek (I think). But they went together well anyway.)
.
This morning, I made up some of the leftover polenta like grits--polenta, soy milk, and turbinado warmed up in the microwave.
.
For lunch I had left-over teriyaki veggies in a tortilla (Yeah, I know, Mexican and Asian--but it was good.)
.
Tonight, we will go out for an early dinner (to beat the rush) and then come home and have my folks over. I'll do a veggie plate with red pepper nut cheese for a dip and a chocolate fondue with all sorts of stuff to dip. The kids like to dip brownies and marshmallows--I don't have those in a vegan variety so I'll skip them and dip bananas, strawberries, and Graham crackers. Then, if it's like usual, my folks will go home, hubby and I will go to bed around 10 and the kids will stay up to watch the ball drop.
.
I think I get more boring with each passing year.
.
Work is going good. I got a lot done Monday, Tuesday, and so far today. I'm doing really well as far as year-end goes. I always worry about it, but it always goes fine. I guess I just blow it out of proportion because I only do it once a year.

I'll leave you with a picture of my "dog-pile"--Little Girl and Dubby on the chair, Ki-Ki on the rug.
.
Ciao for now.

No comments: