Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Holidays March on

OK. Here it is December 30 and I'm just getting around to looking at my blog--first time in like a week. I haven't haven't looked at any of the other blogs I follow, either. Hey, CCV--thanks for the comment. I really like your blog. So anyway, here's a synopsis of my holiday (short and sweet).
.
Christmas Eve--I worked for a couple of hours and then made Sugar Cookies, Whole Wheat Bread, and Pumpkin Muffins. Son made Date Balls. And then we all frosted the cookies (all of the stuff was vegan, of course). That evening, my folks came over and brought presents and then we went to a couple of friends' houses to deliver goodies.
.
Christmas day--We got up and opened presents. Santa was good to my kids. Daughter got an easy bake oven and mixes, and son got bionicles. From us, kids got cameras. From grandparents, kids got camera cases. Hubby got tools. I got a mandolin and a new food processor. Grandparents got pictures.
.
Then during the day, I made a devils food cake and re fried beans; daughter took pictures and "baked"; son took pictures and built bionicles; hubby napped. Later that day, we went over to my folks house and had tacos for dinner and cake and pie for dessert. My brother and his family were there too. We gave them vegan bread and goodies--they gave us a meat and cheese gift pack (gag).
.
December 26th--more bionicle building, picture taking, easy baking etc. by kids. More napping by hubby. I worked. We did have one disaster related to the cameras. The kid's cameras can take videos and they both loved that. Daughter did a "hurricane" video and ended up losing her camera for a week because "we don't treat cameras like that!" (She just didn't understand that you don't toss a camera to make it look like the hurricane took it. I am pretty sure she understands now.)
.
December 27th--Saturday--I played at "stupid 40 year-old woman tricks" and did a face plant in the parking lot at the movie theater. I said some choice words. I'm still sore, and my knee is beyond bruised. It was snowing on top of slightly melting ice so was really slick and I was in a hurry because I didn't want to be late and I just slipped. By the time we got into the theater, I was laughing at myself for being so stupid. We saw Disney's "Bedtime Stories" by the way. It was good, but not one I'd want to see over and over again.
.
December 28th--Sunday--we went down to the hot tubs and swam. Really fun and eased the soreness.
.
December 29th--Monday--I just worked. It was a really busy day.
.
And that brings us back to today. I am resolved to start eating better again. I ate all together too many of the Christmas goodies and need to get back on top of things. I didn't lose all that weight only to gain it back my first Holiday season thin.
.
I'll try to do something wonderful tonight for dinner and then I'll blog all about it tomorrow. Take care, all. And I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

2 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

:o)
Aww, thanks!

Hope you have a terrific New Year's!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

:o)
Aww, thanks!

Hope you have a terrific New Year's!