Friday, March 20, 2009

Back from Vacation

Hi, this is going to be short and sweet. I'm not much in the mood to blog right now--I'll tell you why later.
.
Friday night we ate at a vegan diner in Salt Lake City called Vertical. Think all the greasy roadside diner foods made vegan. EXCELLENT! We all had breakfast--daughter had biscuits and gravy; son and hubby had and avalanche (pancakes, home-fries, tofu scramble, & "sausage"), I had gravy overload (home fries w/ gravy, "sausage" & tofu scramble). I loved their "sausage"; I was only able to identify rice and caraway seeds as ingredients, but it was so good. I had leftover biscuits & gravy and "sausage" for breakfast in the hotel the next morning and we snacked on leftover pancakes going up the road. They gave us a lot of food.
.
Saturday we headed down and were at the Grand Canyon Sunday Morning--we stayed there til around 1 on Monday and then headed up through Utah and hit Arches national park on Tuesday, and home on Wednesday.

Son holding at tree by the Grand Canyon (Don't worry, he wasn't close to the edge--I absolutely forbade anyone getting anywhere near the edge.)An arch outside of Arches national park. Son and I climbed to the arch.The shadow of son and me inside the arch taking a pic of our little bitty car so far below.

.

We had a lot of fun. The fun ended when we got home. Yesterday, hubby got a layoff notice at work. So now we have to figure out how to cut costs etc. Not Fun.

.

So anyway, I'm hanging in there, but don't feel like talking about it now. Ciao for now

No comments: