Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!


I'm 41 today. So far today, I've yelled at my daughter, gotten mad at our accounting firm, done laundry, worked, and made my birthday dessert. You will notice that there is a small corner of it missing--I had to make sure it was edible. It most definitely was.
.
Today is going good, otherwise. I have dinner in cooking--a curry vegetable stew that I got the recipe off MSN.com. My family is home-daughter is practicing her trumpet, son is getting ready for a scout camp out, hubby is helping him, and I'm doing this.
.
I also exercised today. The pup didn't have as much fun with the treadmill as she did yesterday.
.
Speaking of yesterday, last night, I made some chocolate-almond ice-cream pops. It is an adaptation off some of the recipes in Ani's Raw Food Kitchen (the almond yogurt and the vanilla ice-cream). Here's what I did:
.
In the vita-mix I blended 1 cup almonds, 1/4 cup raw sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa, and enough water to make it a milk-shake like consistency. Then I poured it into Dixie cups with Popsicle sticks and put them in the freezer.
.
I had one last night--oh, so good!!!~ (it wasn't quit frozen yet so I had to eat it with a spoon instead of peeling off the paper cup and having a pop.)
.
I've got to go get dinner--it should be almost ready.
Ciao for now.

No comments: