Monday, March 9, 2009

Girl Scout Cookie Sale, Chocolate Pie, Magic Bullet and more

Saturday, daughter manned a Girl Scout Cookie booth. Anyone want to buy a cookie? Daughter did well, but I'm glad the cookie sales are over.
.
Both kids did well in their piano festival, too. They each got 49 out of 50 with a "Superior" rating. Daughter had some memory baubles in her piece that cost her a point, and I can't remember why son lost his point. But I was proud of them.
.
Sunday, the kids and I made a "chocolate cheesecake" (I think I got the recipe off vegcooking.com). We made it for a birthday dessert since my folks were coming over. It was really soupy when I pulled it out of the oven so I was afraid we were going to have chocolate syrup in a graham cracker crust, but it firmed up as it cooled. It was really good--it would have been better if I had gotten some Soyatoo whipped topping at the store. No one could believe it was Tofu.
.
Hubby went ahead and got me a Magic Bullet blender--mom had said she'd chip in. She said that they couldn't afford to get it for me right now so they'd split the cost with hubby, instead. So when they got there, mom changed her tune and said that, instead, they were going to take our family out to the tepanyaki restaurant for my birthday. I appreciate it, but I can promise that will cost more than my Magic Bullet did. Also, I am glad we weren't depending on the money they were going to chip in or we'd be SOL.
.
I exercised today and Saturday but took Sunday off. I am doing well.
.
And, by the way, the Magic Bullet is getting a work out. Everyone had their own smoothies last night. Kids each had a smoothie this morning. I had blended banana quinoa for breakfast and asparagus soup for lunch. And hubby and kids each had a smoothie this afternoon.
.
Dinner tonight was home made multi-grain biscuits, TVP sloppy joes, and asparagus. It was pretty good. (Especially the biscuits)
.
Well, that's a fast wrap up.
I think hubby wants to go to WalMart as soon as son gets done with his homework, so
Ciao for now.

No comments: