Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Second Try Here

Well, I'll try this again. I just typed up a big long post of introduction and then did something and "Poof" it was gone.

User error, I am sure.

Well anyway I'll try to get this going again.

I am married; a busy mom of 2 kids; I work from a home office for a company in another town; we have 3 dogs, 2 fish, 1 cat; and in my spare time I like to--wait a minute, I don't have any spare time. Also, I am a fairly new vegan in a house full of carnivores.

I used to be fat. Seriously--I recently lost 130+ pounds and have been working on keeping it off for the last 4 months. Getting healthy, once and for all, and motivating my kids to be healthy was what got me to lose the weight. Health and a couple of books (Skinny B#$%* and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Living) were what got me vegan.

I sometimes have trouble with being vegan--the thought of meat or eggs turns my stomach, but dairy occasionally calls my name. (Like when I'm out of Rice Divine ice cream and my family insists they need Dairy Queen blizzards.) And sometimes it's frustrating. (Like when I make a dinner that is to die for and my husband and daughter turn their noses up at it.)

But overall I feel great and it's a good feeling to know that I'm not killing animals.

When I was losing the weight, I kept a food diary. I kept it on into maintenance for a few months--it helped. And I find that when I am processing something in my head, I start working it through like I'm writing it. So I thought a blog might be a good idea. I don't intend this to be just a food diary, I'd like it to be a life diary of a transitioning vegan.

Well, like I said, I work from home and I really need to get some lunch and then get back to work. I had a cup of coffee with soy milk and then later a green smoothie (dates, spinach, a few oats, a little cocoa powder, water and ice--yum) for breakfast. Then I had some grapes for a snack. Now, it's almost noon and I need to go see what's in the fridge.

I'm really looking forward to keeping this on-line diary of sorts.
Ciao for now.

No comments: