Friday, January 23, 2009

I made it to Friday

Yesterday's food-coffee and oatmeal for breakfast; salad and rice & beans for lunch; 3 graham crackers, an apple, and a cup of brewed chocolate for snack; rice & beans and broccoli for dinner; 1 banana and one graham cracker dipped in chocolate sauce for snack. Pretty good day.
.
Let me start by saying that my rice & beans were a hit. Daughter picked out the beans and at them but not the rice (she said the rice tasted like the beans--well, yeah, they were cooked together), but other than that..... Son had two servings as a matter of fact.
.
I started out today by e-mailing everyone I know trying to get them to buy Girl Scout cookies. Daughter is selling them and we were supposed to have turned the pre-orders in last night; silly us, we hadn't even sold one single box, yet. Her goal is 100 boxes! I mean really, give me a break! How is a little girl supposed to sell 100 boxes of cookies? Answer--she's not; mommy and daddy will sell 100 boxes of cookies so she will feel like she made her goal.
.
May I just say that I HATE having to pester people to get them to buy whatever crap the organization decides it will sell for a fundraiser. I would rather just give the organization a check than run around trying to get people to buy crap food or crap trinkets or crap whatever. I won't eat them, why should I try to sell them? It's the same way when my kids were selling cookie dough for their school--we didn't sell a single tub this year. Oh well, enough complaining. (Yes, I do have an attitude about that. I am an introvert and do not do "selling" well. Although hubby points it out when, every once in a while, I do a great job selling something I believe in--like my vegan lifestyle, or my Vita-mix, or whatever.)
.
So I lose one kid tonight and gain another. Son is going up camping with scouts (I am so uptight about that!) And daughter is having a friend sleep over (I am not excited that). I'm going to get hubby and the girls a pizza and I'll have the rest of my rice & beans and whatever else I see in the fridge that looks good.
.
Today had been (food-wise) coffee and oatmeal for breakfast, and a babaganoush pita sandwich with lots of veggies.
.
Well, I had better get back to work. Have a great weekend.
Ciao for now.

No comments: