Saturday, April 25, 2009

LLamas and Watermelon

Just a quick post here; not much to say......... (yeah, I've said that before and gone on and on and on and..............)
.
We took son and dropped him off to go on a Boy Scout camp out last night then got dinner (salad and pasta w/ tomato sauce) and then went to walk around Costco. At Costco we got a huge watermelon.
.
After that we started home and saw a llama in the road--yes a "Llama". On the last Friday of the month is a horse sale at the Livestock Commission Company and our guess is that this fella was an escapee. We watched as the cops got him caught (hubby helped a little-he was a cowboy in his former life). Then we decided to go to the horse sale to watch for a while. Daughter was crying at one point because we absolutely refused to buy her a horse.
.
Then home and daughter made "no bake cookies" (she even veganized the recipe for me:

She used vegan margarine instead of butter and soy milk instead of cow milk. They came out pretty good (she got the recipe at school--note the doodlings of a 9 year-old girl)

.

This morning, hubby left early; Mule Deer Foundation banquet tonight and he's a big part of the committee and workforce. Mule Deer conservation is his baby although if you ever called him a conservationist, he'd probably argue to the high heavens. He eats meat and hunts and is all man; those conservationists are hippie, tree hugging, long haired granolas--that's his perception, anyway.

.

So anyway, right now it's daughter and I. We'll go pick up son after while and then go over to the fairgrounds for the banquet (I am bringing take-out from the good Thai place since the food there is not to my liking.)

.

I had watermelon for breakfast. It was so good but it didn't stay with me very long. I was hungry again so just a few minutes ago (around 10:30-ish) I made a raw broccoli soup in my Vita Mix (broccoli, miso, almonds, garlic and salt blended until just warm). It needed something so I added a bit of sugar (I don't know why, but that little bit of sugar made it better.) So I ate about half of that (I made way too much) and then had one of daughter's cookies. Pretty good.

.

That's all I know, so

Ciao for now.

No comments: